Dave Wright Nissan Subaru Service Technician Employment Opportunities
Dave Wright Auto: Dedicated to Serving Our Customers Automotive Needs
Welcome to the homepage of the Dave Wright Nissan Subaru Technician Experience! As a company, we have doubled every 5 years for the last 15 years, and plan to continue that explosive growth. This means we need to add quality individuals to our knowledgeable service team.
Dave Wright Nissan Subaru has been voted 'Best Dealership to Work For' 8 years! Below you will find what makes Dave Wright Nissan Subaru different from other shops around, and why you should join the Dave Wright family.
Learn More About Us:
- Monday - Friday 7:30AM - 5:00PM
- Saturday Rotation (2 Technicians per Saturday) 8:00AM - 1:00PM
What is important to our Technicians?
- Communication with co-workers, customers and management
- Taking pride in our work and enjoying what we do
- Taking pride in ourselves as technicians and performing work correctly, the first time
- Having an organized schedule
- Ability to grow and receive training
- Being able to make a good living with a competitive wage
- Cleanliness of the shop and the customer vehicles we're working on
- Feeling appreciated for our hard work
- Knowing that there will be work available
- Family oriented
- Welcoming environment
- Laid back atmosphere
- Techs are willing to help each other out
- Techs know how to get work done
- Our culture is built upon serving everyone around us
How many repair orders does the Service Department average per month?
- 1,975 (Year of 2020)- this includes the shut down time from the derecho and any loss of business from COVID
- 1We also currently average 1.46 hours per repair order (Year of 2020)
Technicians Average 15 Hours Per Day Per Technician. Breakdown Below.
- 1,975 Repair Orders X 12 months = 23,707 Repair Orders
- 23,707 Repair Orders ➗ 52 weeks in a year = 455 Repair Orders Per Week
- 455 Repair Orders Per Week ➗ 9 Technicians = 50.65 Repair Orders Per Tech Per Week
- 50.65 Repair Orders Per Tech Per Week ➗ 5 Days Per week = 10 Repair Orders per Tech per Day
- 10 Repair Orders per Tech per Day X 1.46 Hours per Repair Order = 14.7898 Hours Per Day Per Technician
What is the Parts process?
- 90%+ off the shelf fill rate
- Stock high moving parts
- Next day ordering from manufacturers
- Same day from various local vendors
- Over 3,000 square feet of parts storage, plus up to 10,000 more square feet coming
- 5 of our 9 Main Shop Technicians are currently Master/Senior Master Certified Technicians with our manufacturers
- All of our techs are ASE Master Certified
- We want to send our technicians to training
- The more master technicians we have, the more capable our shop is... the more capable the shop is, the more customers we can serve
- We have our Tech 120 program, which lays out the career path to becoming a Master Technician
- 401K with Company Match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- In-floor heating
- Centrally located parts department
- 14 hoists, 2 dead stalls, alignment rack, 2 express hoists and an undercoat rack for a total of 20 bays
- Brake lathe, 2 tire machines, parts washer
- Every hoist has a laptop, printer and 2 ethernet plugin ports
- Brand new, state-of-the-art building
What does career development look like?
- Technician 120 Program
- Our program with multiple levels can take anyone from entry level all the way up to a Master Technician
- Maps out time frames in each level of the program
- Maps out pay scale in each level of the program
- Includes core competencies in each level
- Can start out in any level depending upon experience (don’t have to start at the beginning of the program)
Have any questions about our program or want to see it in person? Feel free to stop in and take a look. We would love to walk you through it!
- We love sending our technicians to training
- Our company is growing at a very rapid rate and lots of new opportunities are becoming available
- We prefer to promote from within
- We are looking for technicians of all skill levels
What is our hiring process like?
- Come meet us. Hang out in the shop for a few hours and get to know our employees.
- Sit down with our manager to ask any questions you may have after hanging out in the shop.
- Apply online.
- References and AVA Assessment.
- In-Person Interview.
- 2nd in-person interview.